Systancia launches AppliDis Fusion 4
London, UK, 2009/11/18
London, UK - November 18, 2009- Systancia, a leading provider of desktop and application virtualisation solutions, has today announced the launch of AppliDis Fusion 4, the first solution to incorporate both application and desktop virtualisation as a single product, with management through a single web console. AppliDis Fusion 4 manages and virtualises all Windows applications and desktops, including Windows Seven, within the company's data centre and is designed for organisations looking to reduce IT operational and management costs, enabling administrators to deliver a better quality of service to users.
Combining ease of use, robustness and flexibility, AppliDis from Systancia has established itself in France as a leading solution in the application and desktop virtualisation market and has recently launched its UK operation. The new version AppliDis Fusion 4 has been introduced to simplify the day-to-day administration and delivery of applications and desktops as a service. One web console enables administrators to manage servers, applications, software licenses and access permissions, as well as create and manage virtual machines hosting a variety of operating systems such as the new Microsoft Windows Seven, which can be delivered to hundreds of users with a single click.
Christophe Corne, Founder and President of Systancia comments: “Now, more than ever, businesses need to look for solutions which will reduce costs and help them to stay competitive. In the average organisation, the cost of managing a single desktop can be as much as £1,000 a year, taking into account maintenance, security, back-ups of data and updating applications. With desktop virtualisation, these operations are centralised to help organisations to save 40-70% on their operational and management costs.”
The main features in AppliDis Fusion 4 include:
- - AppliDis MyApps : a catalogue of applications which allows each user to request access to an application, and share notes and quotes about an application
- - Integrated Application Blacklist and Whitelist module: to secure access to windows desktops.
- - Multimedia components such as video flows, flash animations or directX are supported both in applications and on virtual desktops.
- - Management and support for hardware such as scanners and cameras connected into applications and virtual desktops (twain standard).
- - Intelligent usage detection system - enables intelligent load sharing across servers and decreases by around 30% the resources required for hosting virtualisation services compared with alternative solutions.
- - A native redundancy and high availability module avoids all risk of service interruption
- - Integrated Universal Printing Module: to allow the administration of user print options with a single printer on the server.
- - Full interoperability with all server virtualisation solutions (ESX, ESXi, XenServer, Hyper-V, Novell Xen…)
“We are delighted to announce the launch of Applidis Fusion 4.0 which brings a new approach to the virtualisation market and, for the first time, combines all the functions that administrators require to manage and virtualise Windows applications and desktops. This means none of the compatibility difficulties of different third party solutions and ease of administration through a single console which simplifies day to day management tasks and makes it quick and easy to virtualise machines” adds Christophe Corne
Systancia, which is headquartered in Mulhouse, France, is a specialist in application and desktop virtualisation. Currently experiencing substantial growth in France and the rest of Europe, Systancia expects a revenue growth of 150% in 2009. In just a few years, Systancia has established itself as the leading alternative application and desktop virtualisation solution provider on the market.
For further information, please go to: www.systancia.com
Kirsten Scott / Kim Smith
tel: +44 (0)1276 486000
Dowload the press release